Some Activities You Must Try While In Brisbane
- 28 September 2016
- Tips & Advice
One of the major cities in Australia that’s certainly worth EVERYONE’s visit is Brisbane. Regardless of whether you’re a tourist or a resident, the city offers a lot of enjoyable (and mostly free) activities that you and your family can do. You don’t even have to worry about going to places within the city, as most of its wonderful attractions and nature spots are easily accessible by road. Here are some ideas to entertain you on days that you’re running out of fun stuff to do.
- Climb and abseil the ironic Story Bridge - Be part of the “skyline” as you stand 80 metres above sea level! Whether you climb during the day or at night, you can be rest assured that Brisbane’s glorious view will take your breath away. Afterwards, take a quick way down the anchor pier to complete your entire Story Bridge adventure.
- Skydive at Redcliffe - If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush to eliminate STRESS from your life, try jumping yourself off at 14,000 feet in Redcliffe, a 30-minute drive from downtown Brisbane. You don’t have to bring anything - just your one BRAVE soul is fine.
- Go ride a wave - Who says you can’t do SURFING? No matter how poor your coordination is, riding a wave is a MUST if you’re on a “perfect” spot on the beach, and having fun in a “perfect” weather. Sign up for a surf lesson with Go Ride A Wave and you will be able to stand up on the board in more or less 2 hours.
- Enjoy a 360-degree spin at Paradise Jet Boating - If you still can’t get enough of adrenaline and adventure, then experience a 360-degree spin as you go Paradise Jetboating! You won’t just be turning and getting thrills in here, but you will also view a wonderful scenery - all for a span of 55 minutes.
If you’re a meat lover, a seafood lover or even a vegetarian, then you don’t have to worry. Brisbane has got it all for you! Hurricane’s Grill is the best place to satisfy your seafood cravings. Who knows? Eating a seafood platter during your stay at the Surfers Paradise might be the perfect combination. You can also enjoy the tasting menus in Esquire, Brisbane’s highest awarded restaurant in 2012, while sightseeing the river ferries and Story Bridge’s twinkling lights.
Now, if you’re a vegan looking for a full-fledged “veggie” meal, try Bistro Alegria’s quinoa and you will surely go back. As mentioned, Brisbane is definitely the culinary capital that you can look forward to. Here are some more of the best restaurants in the city where you can dine at:
- The Burrow in West End, Brisbane
- Moda in CBD
- Bacchus in South Bank
- Kin Thai Restaurant in Upper Mount Gravatt
- Tartufo in Fortitude Valley
- The Foraging Quail
- Mamak Tandoori House in Carindale
ENTERTAINMENT & RELAXATION
- Have fun with your kids at Sunnybank - There’s the Streets Beach and the Boat Pool where you and your family can do some “Aquativities”. You can also spend some time at South Bank Parklands to go for a dip!
- Connect with wildlife at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary - The day for entertainment won’t be complete without visiting the sanctuary of about 130 koalas. Not only you can cuddle the koalas, but you can also pet and feed the kangaroos in here. The sanctuary also has a prey show for birds, and snakes that you can safely hold.
- Get delighted at the Wynnum Wading Pool - Go to this place if you’re planning to have a family day out. Make sure to see the squirting whales and you splash around the thigh-deep pool that fills with seawater at high tide.
- Drive a bargain at the best thrift stores - Brisbane is known for its shopping centres. BUT of course, the city also has some bazaars and thrift stores that you can enjoy. Make sure you visit The Collective Store, Endo’s Label, Hearts for Africa Thrift Store... and many more. Don’t forget to also SHOP ‘til you DROP.
Hold on! These are just a few of the activities you can do in and around Brisbane. So, if you’re still not yet residing in the city, then NOW is the best time for you to move in here.
Reval Estate Agents will not help you in discovering more of the top things to see and do in the city, but we will also assist you in finding the right property that can accommodate all your needs. Contact us at 1300 323 473 or email@example.com for further information.
We want you you to experience the Reval Beyond Compare™ difference. As an incentive we will be waiving the sales commission for the first person to List and Sell with Reval.
- 1300 427 247